Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day


Around here we march with a different beat.
Nobody made me breakfast in bed. They just let me sleep in
Nobody made me a special dinner. We just had left overs and snacks
Nobody bought me flowers. But I was given an amazing corsage made from tissue paper from a beautiful little girl who has learn to call me Mom and love me.
I was give a small bouquet of wild flowers that were growing in the part of the lawn that wasn't cut. ( They know to leave my flower garden flowers alone.)

It was just a nice relaxing day!

This year I have a lot to be thankful for, and like a good friend of mine said, it about being thankful for what you don't see rather than what you see. And that is just how my family is. I love them and I love being just a Mom.

2 comments:

Emily Capps said...

what exactly is this written on?

Unknown said...

Very sweet Mother's Day! Thanks for visiting my blog -- thoughts to your family.